Custom Search

Monday, May 12, 2008

Trout


Trout
269 Pacific St
Brooklyn, NY 11201


Menu

Who do they think they are? My general sense is that since they have outside dinning and a trendy décor they think they can serve food that tastes like it was all prepared in the microwave.

Looking forward to a refreshing cocktail on this beautiful sunny day I decided to start off with a mojito. According to Bacardi the drink should have consisted of 1.5 oz Rum, 12 fresh spearmint leaves, 1/2 lime, 7 oz club soda and 2 tbsp. simple syrup (or 4 tsp. sugar).

I was served a cup of club soda with some spearmint leaves mixed in. It was not a refreshing take on the mojito.

Lets move on to the cuisine. I had muscles, a salad and watermelon. The best part of the meal was the watermelon, for obvious reasons.

The muscles were overcooked, about ¼ were closed and uneatable. They were swimming in a sauce that resembled seawater with some spinach, onion and boiled waterlogged sausage tossed in. It is hard to fuck up muscles, just steam and serve. Usually anything else is bonus, but they did a fabulous job of wrecking one of my favorite summer snacks.

Some folks may have enjoyed the salad but I found the dressing to be overly sweet. My distaste for the salad may have been purely personal preference. The greens were fresh and crisp and I will leave it at that.

For my first entry I hate that it has to be so harsh, but I felt like I was fooled. Fooled by the shiny outside seating, like a raccoon drooling over tinfoil. The place reeked of laziness in the kitchen and should consider becoming BYOF.

By no means am I a chef or a food critic. The purpose of this forum is to give layfolk like myself one mans point of view and share experiences. I cannot remember a time when I went out to eat and actually felt a bit violated.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a very unsatisfying dinner at Trout tonight. Ended up puking because of the greasy and inedible food. The lobster roll ended up being canned crab with lots of lettuce and celery on a burger bun. The drinks were highly heavy on the liquor and the staff sucked. Sorry I love supporting local places, but when they suck, they just got to go.