Custom Search

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pita Grill

Pita Grill

329 Smith Street
Brooklyn, 11231

718-875-0500

Menu/Order

Yeah yeah, I know it is a chain and some may take points off just for that. Aside from some evil capitalism there are several things I enjoy about the Pita Grill.

1. They take credit/debit cards so I do not have to search for my bank if I have no cash.

2. They have free delivery.

3. You can order online to avoid word of mouth style misunderstandings when trying to specialize your order.

4. The provide real healthy options!

I had a chicken gyro with fat free yogurt sauce on a whole-wheat pita. For health nuts this is the perfect combo. The wheat pita keeps the meal low on the Glycemic Index, chicken provides lean protein and they have low fat sauce options. Oh yeah, and it tasted good! Who knew with a little ingenuity you can make healthy food taste good…weird.

Those of us who attempt to eat right on occasion really appreciate healthy sauce options. Full fat and sugary dressings and sauces can ruin a healthy meal. I also had the stuffed grape leaves. I thought they were a bit below average and a tad small, but they satisfied my craving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, a bit over priced sometimes (like everything in that nabe) but worth it.

Also, the fish tacos are good.