Custom Search

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Café LULUc



214 Smith St
Brooklyn, NY 11201

(718) 625-3815

Dinner Menu

Breakfast/Brunch

It was a beautiful day and I was in the mood for an outdoor feast. There is nothing better for a hangover than 10 cups of coffee, a gallon of water and a satisfying meal outdoors. Café LULUc looked like a good spot from the sidewalk and I was correct. They have an impressive, large wooden patio with a big old tree poking out of the center.

First, LULUc is cash only. If you do not have a horde of coinage in your pocket move on, its Smith Street, not like you lack choices. Do not get me wrong. They have decent food, but not worth paying an ATM fee to turn around and give the money right back. I am not cheep (always), but paying to get my own money troubles me. The more folks pass up cash only establishments the more pressure we put on business owners to join us in this decade. Oh, did I fail to mention I was being treated? Lets move on to the cuisine.

I ordered a fruit, yogurt and granola plate. The dish I received was full of yogurt topped with granola, perfectly sliced bananas and fresh red strawberries. When I order a dish that has fruit I weigh my opinion heavily on how fresh the fruit is. The fruit was fresh, the granola was crunchy and I enjoyed my brunch.

My friend ordered an omelet with mixed greens and fries. The omelet was a good size and the mixed greens looked fresh and crisp. I tried a couple of his fries and oh were they special! I loved the size, cut and texture. Add some vinegar and ketchup combined with being outdoors and I was teleported to the fair.

To sum it up, average food, amazing fries, good portions and a nice patio. Would I go back? Maybe. But I am sure I will stumble over a fine plastic craving restaurants that will make my mouth water in the realm of mid-priced traditional brunch.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, when places do not take credit they better be damn special to expect my business. If they are true mom and pop or I am just getting a slice I may be ok hitting the atm, but even then have the option with a $10.00 min or something.