Custom Search

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ceol


191 Smith St
Brooklyn, NY 11201

(347) 643-9911


Menu

I have always enjoyed the booze at Ceol but never gave it much consideration as a dining spot. Food was usually not on my mind when I walked through those big green doors. That is until I heard a rumor they served a great brunch and it seriously peaked my interest.

My laziness kept me from brunch week after week and I really wanted to try the cuisine. Sometimes the local pub houses some good chow and I needed to know. So I drug my roommate in for some wings and quesadillas on our way home from the gym one night. The prices are good and the food was definitely above average for pub food.

I take issue when you order buffalo wings in this city and end up with deep friend chicken wing with no sauce. Not sure what that is, but it sure ain’t no buffalo wing! Please don’t disrespect our brothers to the north folks. I was pleased when a plate full of nice size wings came out dripping with sauce. The quesadillas were also quality, a nice portion and they came with a variety of toppings. All and all I would do it again.

No comments: